CATIA ® V5 Boot Camp
Learn CATIA ® in 3 Days in a fun, instructor based class
- Class is held at the partner college
- Class is usually 8am-4:30pm
- Each student is provided with a laptop to do the exercises
- Class notes are provided
- 2 years access to INT101, ADF101, SAC101, PDF101,PPI101,DRF201 web training included
- Students can retake the class at no cost at a later date.
- The Big Picture - How Parts, Products and Instances relate to each other.
- The similarity between Products and assembly stations.
- Simple example of creating a sketch and Part.
- Parent child relationships.
- Mouse Functionality Hide/Show Functionality.
- Creating and Naming new Geometric Sets.
- Making 3D measurements and creating a picture report.
- Using the compass to reposition instances.
- Basic constraints.
- Creating Assemblies from pre existing parts
- Automatically generating Bill of Materials
- More compicated Assemblies from pre existing parts
- Reusing Patterns
- Flexible/Rigid Assemblies
- Re establishing broken constraints
- Simple Sketch creation
- Using Auto Constraints while dynamically sketching
- Dimensional Constraints
- Intro to Formulas and Parameters to automate design
- Auto Dimensioning Sketches
- Using a seed model to start a drawing
- Creating Drawing Views
- Dimensioning and annotating drawings
- Intro to Model Based Definition Datasets(MBD)
- Pad creation from a sketch - Morphability
- Creating Pockets, Shafts, Grooves, Holes, Ribs, Slots and Stiffeners
- Dressing up solids using Fillets, Drafts, Shelling, Thickness and Split
- Transformation Features
- Reordering features in the Spec Tree
- Sharing features within an assembly
- Editing Assemblies and Sub Assemblies
- Revision control and Enovia discussion
- Assembly Features